How is The Harmony Show accessible to me?
The Harmony Show’s Access Guide is available here as a PDF.
Episodes of The Harmony Show are available in the following formats:
Open Captioned Video Episode embedded into theharmonyshow.com via Vimeo
- The Harmony Show captions are created by Wil Renderos of Audio Chemists with assistance from Henry Scharfe. When possible, our captions note key movements and body language.
- While audio description is not currently available for the entire length of our episodes, we have created a brief Audio Description Precap for each episode. Audio Description Precaps are available as separate audio-only files and can be found in each episode’s website module at theharmonyshow.com.
Audio Description Precap of Video Episode (separate from the video as an audio-only file) embedded into theharmonyshow.com via Soundcloud
- Davecat has audio described the key visuals of each episode with script assistance from Amber, Chantal Feitosa (The Harmony Show’s Alt-Text and Social Media Manager) and Maia Chao (The Harmony Show’s Video Capture & Digital Archive Manager + Alt-Text).
- Audio-Only Episode embedded into theharmonyshow.com via Soundcloud
- The Harmony Show Audio-Only Episodes were created by Wil Renderos and Henry Scharfe of Audio Chemists. They are identical to the audio of the Open Captioned Video Episodes.
Transcription of Episode (screen reader accessible) uploaded to theharmonyshow.com as a PDF
- The Harmony Show transcripts are identical to the captions that appear on the Open Captioned Video Episodes. They begin with a screen capture of the Open Captioned Video Episode and an image description of the screen capture.
In addition to episode transcripts, the a selection of the following textual information is available on each Episode Module:
- seminar leader and cooking show guest bios
- image descriptions of portraits of participants and photographs of food
- assigned reading and screening information and links
- recipe titles and links
- show notes that sometimes function as footnotes